Brush maintenance is extremely important, not just to make sure that the colour your putting on is the colour result you get but also for hygiene purposes. Cleaning your brushes properly will make sure you get the best results, minimise breakouts and make your brushes last longer which will save you money. There are two products I use both from E.L.F. cosmetics but M.A.C also do some and if your just doing the shampooing then you can even use Johnsons no tears baby shampoo which is delicate enough for your brushes.
For just a quick clean I use E.L.F. daily brush cleaner. In the morning after applying your make up just give each brush you use a couple of squirts and let them dry. Then they are ready for use the next day. For proper full maintenance make sure you wash your brushes at least once a week. I use E.L.F. Brush Shampoo at the moment in the past I used baby shampoo. Heres what to do:
- Run the water until its luke warm
- Once the waters right either but a little shampoo on your first brush or in the the palm of your hand
- Apply a little water to the brush and swish the brush in the palm your hand (You may already see the colour been drawn out)
- Rinse under the until the water runs clear
- Squeeze the last bits of water out and reshape your brush (Keep your brush facing to the floor this stops the warm water running inside the top of your brush and weakening the glue that holds it together)
- Once you’ve reshaped the brush lay it down on a dry towel or flannel of or towel to dry
- Repeat on each brush you’ve used, let them dry over night.
That’s it, if you take care of your brushes they will last longer.